Intravenous Vitamin C (IVC)
Intravenous Vitamin C (IVC)
Vitamin is an essential antioxidant that plays a vital role in many systems of the body including regulating fat metabolism, collagen synthesis, and the immune system. Oral tolerance of vitamin C is limited and therefore to get high enough plasma levels to have profound effects on the immune system, intravenous administration is required.
Here at SCHI, we use IVC to augment the immune system to combat infections due to viruses and bacteria, cancerous tumors, autoimmune diseases, and inflammation. We offer both Low-Dose IVC (LDIVC) and High-Dose IVC (HDIVC). Each work differently as the LDIVC acts as a cell-support and protective antioxidant while HDIVC is oxidative and acts as a pro-drug and is mainly used in severe disease conditions.
Low-Dose IVC (LDIVC) for Immunity Support and Antioxidant:
LDIVC is 8.0 grams of Vitamin C given intravenously as a “push” as opposed to a long “drip” over a short period of time, typically 10 to 15 minutes.
- Your white blood cells are the soldiers of your immune system.
- Research shows that white blood cells can concentrate vitamin C up to 8000% greater than the blood level.
- When under attack by an infection, your white blood cells use this high concentration of vitamin C to make hydrogen peroxide to use against pathogens.
- Virus-infected cells are identified and attacked by your white blood cells and a killing dose of hydrogen peroxide is injected into the infected cell.
- Without the “ammunition” of high reserves of vitamin C, your white blood cells will be less effective.
- You will be given a short medical history form to fill out before your first visit to make sure there are no contraindications to you receiving an LDIVC push. This form will be emailed to you after you call and make your appointment. Please print this at home and bring the filled out forms with you.
- we will then review your history form, check your vital signs, and assess your overall medical status.
- If approved, we will start a “butterfly IV” and then administer a pH-balanced, isotonic “push” of 8.0 grams (8,000 mg) of pure sodium ascorbate over about 10-15 minutes.
- We suggest that you eat something prior to the infusion since a high dose of vitamin C can cause a mild blood sugar drop in rare individuals.
- This 8.0 gram LDIVC can be repeated weekly to maintain high intracellular reserves of vitamin C. This is in addition to any oral supplements or lifestyle adjustments you have made to amplify your immune responsiveness.
The cost of LDIVC will be $125 (Q980.00) for each 8.0 g LDIVC. There is an additional fee for the short evaluation with one of our providers due at your first visit/IV. The cost of this appointment will $75 (Q600.00). Please ask our staff for details.